Its doesn’t take a doctor to tell you that there is a connection between your health and what you eat. However, we seem to blame everything else before we turn our attention to our diet. Sure, our society has become more aware of the growing obesity problem in our country with shows like, The Biggest Loser and Dance Your Ass Off, but there still remains a big disconnect between what we eat and the countless number of diseases that affect us.
Question: So why is a vegan diet better for your body?
Answer: Because meat, dairy and processed foods
are bad for your body.
Meat and Dairy
Meat is bad for your body because it…
- Contains lots of saturated fat which contributes to heart disease
- Contributes to cancer
- Contributes to osteoporosis
- Is hard to digest
- Contains antibiotics and hormones
- Has scary pathogens
Fish is bad too!
Dairy is bad for your body because it…
- Makes you fat
- Contributes to cancer and does NOT prevent osteoporosis
- Contributes to asthma and allergies
- Is bad for your health and has been linked to diabetes
Question: So why is a vegan diet better for the planet?
Answer: Because it’s not only sustainable, but ethical.
It’s bad for the planet because…
- It contributes to the climate epidemic
- Industrial farming creates toxic sludge and wastes water
- Animals need a lot of food and oil to survive
- Cows are hurting the planet
- It destroys the rain forest which means we lose oxygen (and we kinda need that to survive) and bio-diversity
It’s bad for animals!
- Killing an animal is a big deal. Would you eat your dog or cat?
- Factory farming is exactly what you think it is – terrible
Don’t know any vegans? See a list of entertainers, musicians, athletes and other famous vegans.
Ready for a better life? Learn how to become a vegan.