At Cuisine Vegan, we like to eat well. BUT, we recognize the need and place for cookies in this world (especially around the holidays or that time of the month). With that in mind, we have worked hard to create a Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that will blow your family and friends out of the water.
Warning: If you bake these alone, you might eat more than you want to!
Serves: Almost 2 dozen
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Note: Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. The recipe will still work if the ingredients aren’t room temperature, but not as well.
- 1 cup all purpose bleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- vegan chocolate chips (as many as you like)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chips.
- In a medium size bowl, add the sugar, Earth Balance, oil, vanilla and water; mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well but be careful not to overwork it. Feel free to add more chips if needed.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets or parchment paper. Put them in the oven and bake for 5 minutes and then flip and rotate the sheets. Bake another 5 minutes and check them. The cookies are done when they seem slightly softer then you want them to be. Don’t worry, they will harden up when they cool.
- Take them out and let them sit for 4-5mins then move them to wire cooling racks. If you move them too early they could break.
Have you ever looked at a scoop of baked beans, only to see a sea of sad identical morsels? Usually baked bean recipes murder the point of baked beans: to showcase how good these little guys actually are. Not only in flavor, but in nutrients. Sure, they get a bum wrap because of all the tooting, … Continue reading
Giving up dairy can change your life. Think milk products don’t bother you? That’s what I thought too. I also thought stomach pain was just something you dealt with in life. Nope! By cutting out dairy, my stomach stopped hurting completely. The best part is with the alternative in the market, you don’t have to … Continue reading
Protein is always a big concern when people cut meat from their diet, but there are plenty of sources that won’t hurt your ticker. Studies have shown that we need between 40 and 65 grams of protein a day, those with a very active lifestyles are on the higher end of the spectrum. Protein is … Continue reading
When we think about dessert, we sometimes forget about natures candy. I guess all that refined sugar kind of one ups what is natural. However, there are a couple of huge trade offs when you decide to put down the apple and pick up the M&Ms, including: Fructose (the sugar in fruit) breaks down slower which … Continue reading
Vegetables are good for you, but they’re not created equal. As a vegan, vegetables high in iron and calcium are important to maintaining proper nutrition. Nevertheless, research has clearly shown that healthy veggies can reduce your risk of: Obesity Heart disease Type two diabetes Some kinds of cancers And other chronic illnesses What are the … Continue reading
Grains are the basis of a healthy vegan diet. Yes, you can forget all those years you were told to stay away from foods such as breads, rice, cereal, and pasta. Why are grains so important? They are all low in fat and contain no cholesterol There is little sodium in them unless salt is added … Continue reading
I’m not sure how I came across this story, but when I did, the only thing I could think of was, “What a huge win for the veggie community.” It’s true that Bill Clinton has been on a non-dairy plant based diet, and says he feels great. While he does indulge in fish on rare … Continue reading
What’s better than your favorite t-shirt? Your favorite t-shirt made with comforting cotton and other fabrics. The vegan t-shirts below are made using eco-friendly and fairtrade practices. Look good, but feel better knowing you contribute to a cleaner planet. Women’s Men’s Children’s Women’s Vegan T-shirts Men’s Vegan T-shirts Children’s Vegan T-shirts
You don’t have to give up all of your favorite desserts because you have become vegan. You will just need to learn how to bake without using dairy or eggs. Below is a list of baking substitutes that you can use with any kind of recipe. Milk Your best bet when substituting milk is with soy milk or … Continue reading